Can we all agree that these are ridiculous? Skeuomorphism, in real life! An image of a real thing… made 2D… made real again.
I love this branding by The Plant (a UK studio) for a frozen yogurt company on Kings Street.
Otto Pizza, Mountain Dew, Sour Patch Kids, and the Anthony. Quick noms! (at 39 St. Mary’s St.)
Illustration for an adult spelling bee. Get it? Adult spelling bee?
After a long time away from this site, I am coming back! I am intrigued about this style of curated microblogging… like a combination of custom WordPress meets Twitter (meets Pinterest?). I’ll put up some of my recent work, thoughts… etc.
For more up-to-date updates, follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hawkeward
For the win. (And the truth).
Another StudentLink Revision
I realized that the main issue was that the StudentLink is a web application that was being designed like a news feed. People who access it need to do specific tasks in specific areas (dealing with something class-related, or housing, or about their money/tuition/financial aid). So, here we have a true web application interface that divides student life into large hubs - Academics, Money, Housing and Dining, etc.
Furthermore, we consolidate pages. On the current StudentLink, your schedule list, class graphic, planner for upcoming semesters, and add/edit courses functions are all on separate pages… but they deal with the same thing. Thus, they should be on the same page.
This will save both time and server resources because it puts all the same information on the same page.
Revision to Apple.com, the homepage
At the moment, I am working on a full revision of Apple’s Homepage, Store, Support Center, and Forums. It’s a big project, but this is a sample of what I’m doing. This is for my portfolio/graduate school application.
I focused on structure, not content. The adjustments were minor, so flip back and forth between this and the current one (see below) to notice the differences. Hopefully… you do.
For comparison, here is the current home page: http://bit.ly/g7Aj20
I had a few issues with the current design:
I fixed this by unifying the page elements together into one block (not separate, disjointed boxes), and by reducing the “kitsch” and cartoony look. In the end, it’s subtle changes, but I went with a typical web design mantra: REALIGN, not redesign.